Join instructor Lena Shiffman for a fun and relaxed watercolor class this summer. Work from a still-life, photos provided by the instructor or bring your own photos. Individual attention will be given to each student by Lena. Students will learn the basics of watercolor, use of material, washes and different techniques will be discussed and practiced during the class.
All levels welcome.
This is a HYBRID class. There will be students participating virtually concurrently with students participating in-person. This is the in-person component of the class.
Between the ages of 25 and 35? Use coupon code UNDER 35 to receive $20 off this class.
Note on Health & Safety Policy:
COVID-19 vaccinations are suggested but not required.
Mask wearing is suggested but not required.
In the event of a closure due to the COVID-19 virus, this class will move online using ZOOM. There will be no refunds or credits for classes that were scheduled to take place on-site but were moved to an online format for health and safety purposes.
- A set of watercolors, you should have basic colors: Tubes or cakes are fine:
- cadmium Red (Winsor&Newton have cadmium free paint)
- Alizarin Crimson
- Sap Green
- Cadmium Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Lemon Yellow
- Burnt Umber
- Burnt Sienna
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- Payne’s Gray
- A palette or a white plastic plates
- Two containers for water
- Watercolor brushes #12 round brush, #8 round brush and a 1 inch flat brush.
- Tissues or toilet paper
- watercolor paper that we can cut to smaller pieces or a watercolor block
- A white foam-board (no bigger than 12X20 inches) to tape your watercolor paper to, it is light and withstands the water excellently.
- Blue masking tape
If you have any questions contact Lena at [email protected]