Registration takes place online, by mail, in-person, or by calling The Center for Contemporary Art directly at 908.234.2345. Students are urged to register early to avoid the disappointment of a class cancellation. If there is insufficient enrollment, the class will be cancelled. This determination will be made four working days prior to the class start date. If a class is cancelled, students will be contacted by email or phone at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Center for Contemporary Art is committed to the health and safety of its administrative staff, teachers, board, volunteers, students, and visitors and has developed these policies and procedures with those in mind.
- Click here to read The Center’s current Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Accepted methods of payment are MasterCard, Visa, check (made payable to The Center for Contemporary Art), or cash. Pro-rating is not available.
Student enrollment is considered final at time of registration. The Center reserves the right to cancel classes at any time for any reason. In the event that The Center cancels a class, the student will be given the option to:
- Transfer registration to another class
- Accept an in-house credit for full tuition, or
- Receive a refund for full tuition
Should you decide to withdraw from a class for any reason, you must notify a member of The Center’s staff in writing via email.
- If The Center is notified of your withdrawal 7 calendar days or more prior to the start of the class or workshop, you have the option of receiving a refund of 80% of the total tuition, or an in-house credit for 100% of the tuition.
- If you withdraw within 7 calendar days of the beginning of a class or workshop, there is no refund or credit.
In-house credits must be used within a calendar year of the date of issue. Following a calendar year, the credit will be voided. In-house credits are not transferable.
Students missing classes by their own decision or withdrawing after classes begin WILL NOT receive a refund or make-up date.
- There will be no refunds for classes that were scheduled to take place on-site but were moved to an online format for health and safety purposes. There will also be no refunds for students removed from class for failure to observe The Center’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. In the case of a resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic, all of The Center’s instructors are trained in teaching virtually and will quickly transition classes to an online format without loss of class time or quality of content. For children’s virtual classes, students will be sent home with art supplies on the day of their last in-person class.
- Ceramics classes for adults and children: In the event of a closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, students will be issued a refund for the remaining classes.
- Religious Holiday Policy: Students may request a refund if they cannot attend a class because of religious observances. Students must contact the office at 908.234.2345 to receive a refund.
REGISTRATION & REFUND POLICIES FOR SUMMER CAMP
For children’s classes, students must fall within posted age restrictions when class begins. Space will be reserved only upon receipt of full payment.
- A full refund will be given to students who cancel at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the Summer Camp Session, less a $50 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received with less than 3 weeks’ notice before the start of the Summer Camp Session.
Classes cancelled due to instructor absence or other unforeseen circumstances will be made up at the end of the semester. Students who miss class by their own decision will not receive a refund or make-up opportunity (the only exception being for religious holidays).
For adult classes/workshops, art materials are the responsibility of each student, except where noted. You are urged to check upon registration before purchasing supplies. Supply lists for adult classes and workshops are posted with each course description online or available in the office.
The Center provides materials for child/teen classes, except where noted.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES & PROCEDURES
If the weather looks questionable, students should call 908.234.2345 after 8 a.m. before coming to class. A recorded message will advise of any class cancellations.
- In person classes may be cancelled due to weather.
- Classes already scheduled to meet online will be held unless you are notified otherwise.
- Classes cancelled by The Center due to bad weather will be made up at a future date.
- If a make-up date is not available, the student will receive a refund.
- No refunds will be given for students who cannot attend the make-up day.
The Center reserves the right to dismiss any student for inappropriate behavior or failure to observe The Center’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
The Center is not responsible for artwork and other personal belongings left in the facility and has no liability if items are damaged. Any artwork left over at the end of the semester will be discarded. Artwork displayed in exhibitions and covered by The Center’s insurance are excluded from this policy.
Students/visitors should check with The Center’s front desk for forgotten personal items.
On occasion photographs are taken of classes and workshops for promotional purposes. Names are not used on the photographs. If you would prefer that you or your child not be photographed, please contact the office.
The Center reserves the right to replace an instructor with another qualified instructor in case of emergency.
Please see the Contact and Visit page for office and gallery hours. No pets or cell phones are allowed in classes. Service animals are permitted. The Center is a non-smoking facility.